Monday, August 23, 2004

My NFL fantasy team

Well, the draft was done, and when I looked at my team, this is what I found:

QB: Byron Leftwich and Rex Grossman. Two very young starting QBs with great potential. Byron is my starter, and I have great hopes for him. He can run, he can throw, he's the total package. Just needs a little maturity.

RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Kevin Jones, and Tyron Wheatly. LT is a superstud player, and may be the best player in the his position today. Kevin Jones is a super-promising rookie. Wheatly is the nominal starter in Oakland, and if he wins the position outright, may actually be put in my lineup at some point. Otherwise, he's injury insurance.

WR: Steve Smith, Peter Warrick, Reggie Wayne, Justin Gage, and Darnerien McCants. Smith is easily the star of the position for me, and is very solid. Everybody else is a gamble of some sort. This is probably my weakest position. But if Gage and/or McCants pan out, it could be quite solid.

TE: Boo Williams. He had a great finish to the season last year, and if he keeps it up, he'll be one of the few tight ends who actually contribute to fantasy teams.

Kicker: Ryan Longwell. Stabilty, thy name is Ryan. Accurate, strong kicker, on a team that always produces a decent amount of offense. I'm good here.

Defense: Baltimore Ravens. Elite, scary ass defense. With the best defensive player in the universe, Ray Lewis.

All in all, I think I did well.

No comments: