Monday, November 01, 2004

My prediction

I haven't blogged a lot about the American elections, but I have been following the campaigns VERY closely. So here's my prediction:

Popular Vote:
Kerry: 53
Bush: 46
Nader: 1

Electoral Vote:
Kerry: 300
Bush: 238

I'll throw in a much less informed prediction about the Senate and House races: Democrats take the Senate, while the Republicans retain control of the House, but by a smaller margin.

I'm an optimist, and this prediction certainly reflects that. But I believe the undecided will break for Kerry, and I believe there will be a very large turnout, with many new voters, most of whom will vote for Kerry. I think Kerry is going to win both Florida AND Ohio.

As I've said, I'm an optimist. But I also thought I was optimistic when I predicted the Pistons will in 6 games in the NBA finals, when most analists thought the Lakers will win in either 6 or 5. As you'll recall, the Pistons won it in 5.

1 comment:

Shunra said...

I especially like your prediction for the Senate. I'll go out tomorrow, and vote in such a way as to promote your prediction.

Any guesses as to who takes the Jefferson County, WA, PUD commissioner position?