Sunday, January 30, 2005

Locus Poll and Recommended Reading List for 2004 are up

I'm always looking for new science fiction and fantasy novels to read. It's a big part of my job, as the editor of a genre series that focuses on translations.

Locus magazine, and its excellent website, are invaluable to me in that search, and their annual Recommended Reading list is always a great way to see what I may have missed during the year. They have a great staff, and the list always has a combination of big sellers and lesser known gems. And there's always something interesting that I've missed.

The Locus poll has been the genre award with the biggest voting pool for several years, though this may be changing now that one can vote online for the Hugos. It's also the only major genre award with separate categories for sf and fantasy novels.

No comments: